USA HOCKEY COACH CERTIFICATION PROCESS
USA Hockey is a leader across all youth sports in developing coaches through education, training and communication of the best practices. Wisconsin Amateur Hockey Association, USA Hockey and the Coaching Education Program take great pride in ensuring youth hockey coaches are prepared to create a safe and positive learning environment for all participants.
To meet these standards, a few basic steps are required for coaches to become certified. The following requirements must be completed before participating in any team activities, unless stated otherwise:
- Register as a member of USA Hockey.
- Complete the background screening (good for two years).
- Complete Safe Sport Training (now required every year and cannot be added to a roster until completed).
- Complete the USA Hockey online age-specific module(s) for the age level(s) of play you are coaching. (Must be completed to be placed on a roster. Modules only need to be completed once per age level.)
- Find, register and attend the required USA Hockey Coaching Education Program (CEP) certification clinic. Coaches have until December 31st to complete the appropriate CEP clinic.
Register to be an On-Ice Coach/Asistant Coach/HelperRegister